REACHING NEW HEIGHTS
California Aeronautical University (CAU) understands the barriers and challenges presented to many pursuing a career as a professional pilot. With great enthusiasm CAU is proud to award $10,000 in tuition reduction. CAU is committed to assisting students with financial resources to pursue their dreams of a career in aviation. We encourage individuals who are well-rounded, involved in their school or community, and actively interested in a career in aviation to apply for the Reaching New Heights Tuition Reduction Program.
- Limit: 100 awards per year
- Total award amount: $10,000. Amount will be distributed evenly throughout the awardee’s applicable program. Funds are applied to each recipient’s student account and at no time will the award be issued directly to the recipient.
- Eligibility: Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics program. Must apply and start CAU within 1 year of their 2021 high school graduation date and meet all University admissions requirements.
- Submit the completed tuition reduction application below on this page.
- You'll then receive an email with instructions to submit the remaining documents:
- Submit a recommendation letter to be completed by a high school official on behalf of the applicant.
- Submit proof of high school cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- Submit a typed essay approximately 1-2 pages in length, explaining the motivation behind pursuing a career as a pilot and your future aviation career goals + why this tuition reduction is important to you.
For more information call 661-615-5915.
TUITION REDUCTION APPLICATION
Multiple Tuition Reduction Programs
Unless otherwise stated, students may only receive one tuition reduction at a time from the CAU Tuition Reduction Program but may have other external scholarships in addition to those awarded by our College.
All tuition reductions are waivers of tuition, apply to tuition only, and will not result in a cash payment to students. Unless otherwise stated, tuition reduction awarded are generally split evenly among the terms in the student’s academic year. Applicants selected to receive a tuition reduction will receive a letter from the campus director notifying him/her of the award.
Tuition reduction is non-transferable and may not be recycled. If a recipient withdraws from the College or fails to maintain eligibility, the tuition reduction is rescinded and may not be awarded to another recipient.
If, during their enrollment, a tuition reduction recipient transfers to another CAU campus, the recipient may retain the portion of the award available but must still meet all eligibility requirements.